Re: Proposal: psutils (again)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Daniel Bößwetter wrote:

> Hi Volker!
>
> I fixed the points from your mail. The new packages are available under
> the same URLs as before:
>
> http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/psutils_cygwin/psutils-1.17-1.tar.bz2
> http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/psutils_cygwin/psutils-1.17-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> setup.hint now looks like this:
>
> @ psutils
> sdesc: "psutils - Postscript Utilities"
> ldesc: "PSUtils is a collection of useful utilities for manipulating
> PostScript documents. Programs included are psnup, for placing out several
> logical pages on a single sheet of paper, psselect, for selecting pages
> from a document, pstops, for general imposition, psbook, for signature
> generation for booklet printing, and psresize, for adjusting page sizes."
> category: Publishing
> test: 1.17-1
> requires: perl

Just one nit: You don't need the 'test' line above. When you first release a
package it *should* be of release quality and shouldn't need to be put through
a second testing phase (the first being the review process). If problems
do emerge, fix the problems and bump the Cygwin release number.

Apart from that, I've added psutils to the list of pending packages; the updated
list will be sent to cygwin-apps RSN.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/