Re: TEST: patch-2.5.8-4 (package maintainers, please note)

Nicholas Wourms writes:
 > cgf@redhat.com wrote:
 >
 > > On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 06:53:59PM -0700, David Rothenberger wrote:
 > >
 > >>Christopher Faylor wrote:

[snip]
 > > Fixing the problem requires generating a new DLL with a new export --
 > > fdopen64.  If there are any packages built which use fdopen they could
 > > conceivably fail in the same manner as patch.  Sigh.
 > >
 > > This means that we may have to go through the "rebuild packages" exercise
 > > again for cygwin 1.5.1.  I will release a 1.5.1 version of cygwin shortly
 > > after generating a snapshot.
 > >

 > I'm still working on understing how you are handling the 64 bit exports,
 > but that's my problem.

newlib provides _fdopen and _fdopen64.  winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in
adds an "indirect reference" to libcygwin.a that redirects fdopen to
_fdopen64.  Ditto for other 64 bit exports.  Search for
OBSOLETE_FUNCTIONS and NEW_FUNCTIONS in winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in.

 > In the meantime, if we want to apply your newlib
 > patch locally, how are you planning to export fdopen64() and
 > fdopen64_r() from cygwin.din?  Are the any further modifications needed
 > to the winsup/cygwin source to support your implimentation?

I have made the necessary changes in winsup/cygwin in my CVS copy
after applying the newlib patch from Chris.  I can post the patches
to this list if that's an appropriate thing to do.  Chris?

Dave