This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [setup PATCH] Another micropatch headingtowardsnext_dialogremoval (1)
- From: "John Morrison" <john dot r dot morrison at ntlworld dot com>
- To: "Robert Collins" <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>,"Cygwin Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:38:47 +0100
- Subject: RE: [setup PATCH] Another micropatch headingtowardsnext_dialogremoval (1)
> From: Robert Collins >
> On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 22:24, John Morrison wrote:
> > Could you not disable the entire sheet when any button is
> pressed? Would
> > that not get the functionality you wish?
> No. As I understand it, it's a race condition. That is, if the user queues
> two messages to the page - next clicked + a click in the selection
> window, disabling the sheet would be too late.
> That said, I don't see how we could ever process that second event
> before finishing our next event. We're synchronous after all.
I can't see that ever happening. Admittedly, I've only ever
coded MFC dialogs, but still...