This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.exe: always creating a /usr/src directory?
- From: letters at hotpop dot com (Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps)
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 20:19:59 +0300
- Subject: setup.exe: always creating a /usr/src directory?
I have noticed interesting thing with 2.340.2.5 setup.exe
1. remove /usr/src
2. symlink it to some other partition
(current locaton ran out of space)
3. start setup.exe
4. Update packages
The setup.exe has created hard wired /usr/src and the symlink
is shadowed by it
$ ls /usr/src displays empty
But if you do:
$ rmdir /usr/src
Than the already active symlink comes to the arena and you
list it as usual
$ ls /usr/src
It might be good idea if this same happens with CVS setup.exe
Swatch @time http://www.ryanthiessen.com/swatch/resources.htm
Convert @time http://www.mir.com.my/iTime/itime.htm