This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe: always creating a /usr/src directory?
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,"Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps" <letters at hotpop dot com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:25:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup.exe: always creating a /usr/src directory?
- References: <email@example.com>
Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps wrote:
> I have noticed interesting thing with 2.340.2.5 setup.exe
> 1. remove /usr/src
> 2. symlink it to some other partition
> (current locaton ran out of space)
> 3. start setup.exe
> 4. Update packages
> The setup.exe has created hard wired /usr/src and the symlink
> is shadowed by it
> $ ls /usr/src displays empty
> But if you do:
> $ rmdir /usr/src
> Than the already active symlink comes to the arena and you
> list it as usual
> $ ls /usr/src
> It might be good idea if this same happens with CVS setup.exe