This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.x goes current on 2003-08-23?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap dot rr dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:09:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: 1.5.x goes current on 2003-08-23?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> I maintain the cmake package. I have tested it, and it
> only requires a recompile to work with cygwin 1.5.1.
> I am not sure how to proceed. Should I create binaries that require 1.5.1, and
> make them the -test version of the package. Then when 1.5.1 is
> officially released on 2003-08-23, I can change it from test to
> curr. Or, should I just create new binaries now and post them.
The former (i.e., new binaries marked as test). At least, that's how all
the other packages have been doing it. Once 1.5.1 becomes curr, all the
test packages requiring it will also be marked curr.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton