This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: new perl-5.8.1 snapshot, please test
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Christopher Faylor <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:20:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: new perl-5.8.1 snapshot, please test
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><20030827205226.GA24344@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Am Mittwoch, 27. August 2003 um 22:52 schriebst du:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 08:20:39AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>I have a new Perl snapshot, compiled against the latest cygwin
>>snapshot (2003-08-23), fetch it with setup.exe from this URL:
>>Or get it with wget:
> Looks like Elfyn is MIA. I'm uploading these now.
I want to ask if a threaded perl is really wanted? I think it is
slower i.e. at startup. Also it is not the final 5.8.1 release, just
a snapshot (prerelease) of what is right now the perl-5.8.1-tobe.
This test release was not meant to be uploaded to the mirrors, well I
wanted some feedback before it goes around the world.
At least it is possible to build Cygwin from sources with this
version (I'm just doing it), but I can also provide an intermediate
release of the 'stable' 5.8.0 sources with the binmode fix included,