Re: mhash/libmcrypt: separate -devel package for library ?

Hello Stefan,

you wrote:
> Before I start packaging the mhash library and libmcrypt I have one
> more  question: Am I supposed to create two packages for a library ?
> One that contains the runtime environment and a -devel package that
> contains the headers and documentation or is it enough to create one
> package that contains everything ?

I have also everything in one package for expat, but expat was very
stable the last years and it a really small package.  It is usually
the better choice to split it up into runtime and devel packages and
also no bad idea to package the docs separate (this is what we do e.g.
with db2/db3/db4).

HTH,
Gerrit
--