This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libungif next release
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:33:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: libungif next release
- References: <3F7AB841.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 01:19:29PM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> I received a couple of upgrade requests, and I discovered a full nest of
> bees: while the package dates 1999 there are lots of patches available.
> IMHO the best thing would be to base next cygwin package on RedHat's
> SRPM, that contains most (or all) of them.
> What do you think of it?
> Any pointer on how to build a Cygwin package based on a SRPM?
I don't think it's a good idea to base Cygwin's package on an SRPM.
Unpack the SRPM (just rpm -i) and use the contained tar and patch
files for the Cygwin distro. Let us not require rpm for unpacking
the -src package as long as setup.exe is not rpm aware.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.