Re: Who is Cygwin's readline maintainer?

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

There is a test version (5.0-alpha) of readline on which the test version (3.0-alpha) os Bash depends. As I'm having a wee bit of trouble with readline
(building it, for the moment) I'd like to coordinate my efforts with Cygwin's
readline maintainer but I don't know who he/she is..

That's me. However, AFAIK at present bash is built using its included copy of the readline sources and does not use libreadline. That may be changing as of 5.0/3.0 but it is news to me.

readline is...not fun...to compile as a shared library; my patch is quite large, and includes re-auto-tool-ing. I'm gradually pushing parts of it upstream, but...

If you'd like to adapt my current -src package/patchset to the alpha release, I'd welcome your assistance.

ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/release/readline/readline-4.3-5-src.tar.bz2

--
Chuck