Re: UPDATED: mutt-1.4.1-1

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 12:31:47AM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> Yes, it's true: Mutt's been updated again:
>
> http://home.att.net/~g.r.vansickle/cygwin/mutt/setup.hint
> http://home.att.net/~g.r.vansickle/cygwin/mutt/mutt-1.4.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://home.att.net/~g.r.vansickle/cygwin/mutt/mutt-1.4.1-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> Now, this overwrites /etc/Muttrc and /etc/mime.types with extreme prejudice, as
> both are overridable per-user; Corinna, did we decide this was kosher?

I would really prefer not to override the /etc files but instead to
create them in /etc/defaults/etc and to write a postinstall script for
copying the defaults to /etc if necessary.  Even though /etc/Muttrc is
overridable by the user, I don't know if /etc/mime.types is overridable.
Is it?  Anyway, no chance for an admin to set proper defaults for her
environment.

And yes, I know that some of my packages don't follow this path currently
either, tcsh comes to mind, but I'll change that in the next version.

The package is ok with me but please consider an update.

Red Hat, Inc.