[ITP] OTcl, TclCL, ns, nam

[After the disaster that was my attempt to package cweb, I figured I will ask some questions before wasting time packaging something that is already available.]

I am intending to package "The Network Simulator - ns-2":
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/

From the Ns homepage:
=====================
"Ns is a discrete event simulator targeted at networking research. Ns provides substantial support for simulation of TCP, routing, and multicast protocols over wired and wireless (local and satellite) networks."

I am also intending to package "The Network Animator - Nam":
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/nam/

From the Nam homepage:
======================
Nam is the Network Animator that animates simulations from ns.

Ns depends upon the 'OTcl' and 'TclCL' packages:
http://otcl-tclcl.sourceforge.net/otcl/
http://otcl-tclcl.sourceforge.net/tclcl/

From the OTcl page:
===================
"OTcl, short for MIT Object Tcl, is an extension to Tcl/Tk for object-oriented programming. It shouldn't be confused with the IXI Object Tcl extension by Dean Sheenan. (Sorry, but we both like the name and have been using it for a while.)"

From the TclCL page:
"TclCL (Tcl with classes) is a Tcl/C++ interface used by Mash, vic, vat, rtp_play, ns, and nam. It provides a layer of C++ glue over OTcl."

The overall goal here is to automate the installation of ns-2, along with the animation component, for myself and other students in my advanced networking class.

Nicolas Christin has an excellent step-by-step guide for compiling the whole of ns under Cygwin:

http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~christin/ns-cygwin.shtml

I will need to start with packaging OTcl and TclCL before moving on to ns and Nam.

Any comments?

Harold