Re: Pending Packages List, 2003-10-28

Daniel Reed wrote:

> Package: d 1.2.0-1
>  Good to go: Gerrit P. Haase (cygwin-apps-thread.11476) (once problems
> are addressed)
>    Problems: [not a showstopper] there's no need for a postinstall script
> here. Just add _update-info-dir  to your requires: line in the setup.hint
> instead. (cygwin-apps-thread.11856)

That's not what it seems from  Quoting the section "Making Packages", the eighth bullet item is:

  "If you have any 'info' documention in your package, run install-info as part of your post-install script"

Also, for the record, there are a number of packages which have such postinstall scripts, among them: bzip2, cvs, gnupg, libgdbm, readline.  That is why I made the postinstall script as I did.  Has this procedure
een officially changed?  If so, the setup.html page should be updated.

>             Have we already talked about why this package is better than
> 'ls'?  If it is just another directory lister with different options then
> I don't see a need for it.

There has been some discussion on that already: