This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New package: tzcode-2003d-1
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:39:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: New package: tzcode-2003d-1
- References: <email@example.com><3FC792DB.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Igor" == Igor Pechtchanski <email@example.com> writes:
Igor> Some systems actually use the TZDEFAULT and TZDIR environment variables to
Igor> find the zoneinfo database. Perhaps the right solution would be to take
Igor> those variables into account? On the other hand, there is no
Igor> /usr/local/etc/zoneinfo directory under Cygwin, so we might as well change
Igor> TZDIR to point to one that does exist. Does this make Cygwin depend on
Igor> the tzcode package now?
A first step would be to point TZDIR to /usr/share/zoneinfo. And no, cygwin doesn't
depend on the tzcode package now. It's just that the above TZDIR would make more sense
than a nonexistent directory.