This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Update][Test] base-passwd
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:36:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Update][Test] base-passwd
- References: <NCEBJJFMCAOKNNABBFIMOENAENAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:23:28PM -0000, John Morrison wrote:
> As per the thread "[RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root""
> I've modified the base-passwd packaged to remove user and group which
> match the pattern ":S-1-1-0:" and ensure that there's a group
> Since this version creates tmp files I'd prefer it to be marked as
> test until Corinna (and maybe some others?!) say it's OK.
Is it safe to rely on /tmp already existing when the postinstall
script runs? Then it's OK. It might be safer though, to use /etc
for the temporary files, too.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.