This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] ImageMagick
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:52:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] ImageMagick
- References: <3FCD9E84.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Harold L Hunt II wrote:
Question for other maintainers: ImageMagick defaults to building as a
static library... I have not yet tried to build it as a shared library;
does anyone have an instant educated guess as to whether or not it will
be a good idea to pursue a shared library? It would save me a lot of
wasted effort if someone told me right now that "ImageMagick won't work
as a shared lib on Cygwin because foo isn't a shared library" or that
ImageMagick is known to use undefined symbols at link time. Thanks.
I built IM shared once upon a time. I believe all I needed to do was
relibtoolize, but I'll check.
Vote pro, BTW.