This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] xemacs: A powerful, highly customizable open source texteditor and application development system
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:29:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] xemacs: A powerful, highly customizable open source texteditor and application development system
- References: <email@example.com><3FD9D815.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Nicholas" == Nicholas Wourms writes:
Nicholas> Dr Volker Zell wrote:
>> I would like to contribute and maintain the xemacs package:
>> * http://xemacs.org/ (Homepage)
>> * http://ftp.us.xemacs.org/ftp/pub/ (Download location)
Nicholas> Hi Dr Zell,
Nicholas> FYI, the emacs provided via setup is Xemacs, not GNU emacs. So this
Sorry, but the one provided by Joe Buehler is GNU Emacs in two variants, one tty and one X
variant but it's not the same as XEmacs.
Nicholas> is already provided by the emacs-* packages and is maintained by Joe
Nicholas> Buehler. I'm not sure if the elisp packages it provides is as
Nicholas> all-inclusive as the sumo version, so he'd be the guy to talk to
Nicholas> regarding that.