This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] xemacs: A powerful, highly customizable open source text editor and application development system
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:09:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] xemacs: A powerful, highly customizable open source text editor and application development system
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3FD9D815.email@example.com>
Nicholas Wourms wrote:
Dr Volker Zell wrote:
I would like to contribute and maintain the xemacs package:
* http://xemacs.org/ (Homepage)
* http://ftp.us.xemacs.org/ftp/pub/ (Download location)
Hi Dr Zell,
FYI, the emacs provided via setup is Xemacs, not GNU emacs. So this is
already provided by the emacs-* packages and is maintained by Joe
Buehler. I'm not sure if the elisp packages it provides is as
all-inclusive as the sumo version, so he'd be the guy to talk to
Bzzt. Thanks for playing.
The emacs packages ARE, in fact, FSF GNU Emacs. Personally, I prefer
XEmacs, so I welcome this addition.
So +1 from me.
My concern is this:
The XEmacs people have their own distribution of XEmacs for cygwin --
they even adapted our setup.exe for the purpose. I'd really hate to
tick them off by "stepping on their turf" by providing a redundant,
Volker, have you contacted the maintainer of the cygwin-XEmacs distro on
the xemacs-nt mailing list, and discussed your intentions with him?