This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygiconv-2.dll could not be found...
- From: Bill Geddes <wgeddes at wgeddes dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:25:48 -0700
- Subject: cygiconv-2.dll could not be found...
- Reply-to: wgeddes at wgeddes dot com
I have built a custom mirror site of cygwin - based upon the well-known
mirrors, and updated today - Dec. 15, 2003. It is a subset of the full
mirror and I am experiencing severe problems getting setup.exe to finish
successfully. I can get the packages all downloaded by simply telling
it to install 'All' packages. When it comes to installing cygwin, it
always fails around 98% finished. The error popup displays:
'The dynamic link library cygiconv-2.dll could not be found in the
specified path ...'
The path is extensive, and looks to be OK compared to successfull cygwin
Everything I have read in the mailing lists points to some dependency
that I did not include in my mirror. However, I did not get any
installation complaints during the setup process. My questions are:
1. What package contains cygiconv-2.dll? How do I determine that?
2. Is there some checking that can be done on the server side to trace
Bill Geddes <wgeddes at wgeddes dot com>