This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] openldap-devel: Lightweight Directory Access Protocolclients and libraries
- From: Daniel Reed <n at ml dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:02:57 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [ITP] openldap-devel: Lightweight Directory Access Protocolclients and libraries
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On 2003-12-17T16:31+0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
) I would like to contribute and maintain the static LDAP libraries and clients
) from the openldap package:
) mkdir -p openldap/openldap-devel
There does not seem to be much precedent for having a "package" that only
has a -devel; the closest appears to be "db", which looks to be more of a
grouping of similar packages (but feel free to look for yourself in case I
missed another example).
Typically -devel packages are subordinate to [and built from] some other
package. There are .exe files in this -devel, so it might make sense to move
at least those (and usr/share/*) into an actual "openldap" package, and
leave the manual pages, headers, and static libraries in -devel.
Daniel Reed <email@example.com> http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/ http://naim.n.ml.org/
"If you place a small value on yourself, rest assured, the world will
not raise your price."