Re: libwin32-perl-0.191 (ready for upload and testing)

rkitover wrote:
Hi Gerrit,

Thanks so much for testing my package! What a mess :)

Gerrit,

Now that it seems we'll be providing perl module packages, I think we should come up with some sort of naming standard for consistency. For example, Red Hat prefixes their perl packages with "perl-" and generally uses the same case as is found on CPAN. So if we were to adopt this route, this package would be perl-libwin32-0.191-1.

Also, may I suggest we make a "release" subdir especially for perl modules on the mirrors (like XFree86)? This way we can keep the perl modules neatly tucked away in their own subdir hierarchy, rather then cluttering up the already growing release TLD. Just a thought...

Some other food for thought:

1) Man pages are good, especially since they can be indexed and keyed.
   Have builders use make manifypods prior to make install.

2) Try not to clobber the perllocal.pod, but rather come up with a way
   to update it (perhaps regenerate it from a pool of fragments?).

3) Make a vendorinstalldir for Cygwin, to keep our mods separate from
   user's local mods, but provide a stable api for dependencies like
   mod-perl or what-not.

Cheers,
Nicholas