Re: [UPDATE] apache-1.3.29-1 ready for testing and upload

Gerrit schrieb:

> Stipe schrieb:

>> "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
>>>
>>> What about expat?
>>> Didn't you use the system expat for your build like I see in the
>>> configure log:
>>>  + using system Expat

>> seems that Apache's configure does not pick the OS expat and rather
>> takes it's own packaged version. Linking it statically to the
>> cyghttpd.dll core library.

>> Should we try to "force" to pick the OS one instead of the bundled
>> one?! +0 from my side here.

> It picks the sytem libexpat by default as it is stated in the configure
> log.  What I see is that it is not used at all.

gerrit@ismene /i/cygwin/bin
$ nm cyghttpd.dll | grep XML

gerrit@ismene /i/cygwin/bin
$

There is a completly stupid bug in the Configure:

if [ "x$RULE_EXPAT" = "xyes" ]; then
    if ./helpers/TestCompile lib expat; then
        echo " + using system Expat"
        LIBS="$LIBS -lexpat"
    else
        if [ ! -d ./lib/expat-lite/ ]; then
            echo "ERROR: RULE_EXPAT set to \"yes\" but is not available."
            exit 1
        fi
        echo " + using builtin Expat"
        EXPATLIB="lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a"
        APLIBDIRS="expat-lite $APLIBDIRS"
        CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DUSE_EXPAT -I\$(SRCDIR)/lib/expat-lite"
    fi
fi

This is missing: when using the system Expat:
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DUSE_EXPAT"

Gerrit
--
=^..^=