This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Pending Packages List, 2004-01-23
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 03:08:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: Pending Packages List, 2004-01-23
- References: <email@example.com>
Package: help2man 1.33.1-1 [2004-01-07]
Description: Creates man pages from program output
Proposer: Yaakov Selkowitz
Status: Attained required 3 votes. Package available.
HOLD-UPS: No "good to go" review.
Rebuilt from -src, installed, dir layout, etc. All good.
As far as your comment about building with/without nls support, you are
correct that doing so would require another "package" -- the perl
Locale::gettext module. That module does build and install without
problems, but as you say:
"but until last week we hadn't dealt with distributing Perl modules, and
I wasn't interested in being the first."
That's a fair argument.
Good to go.
P.S. YAY! I can remove one of my "adopt-me" packages!!! :-)