This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [jjohnstn: initial version of iconv support checked in]
- From: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:07:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: [jjohnstn: initial version of iconv support checked in]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The below is just an FYI.
This means that the iconv stuff could be built into the DLL, bloating the dll
even more I suppose.
Is this something that we want to do? I vote no, but I thought I should mention
this to the collective wisdom of cygwin-apps since it essentially boils down to
a package issue.
I think it is something we should consider down the road, but we have
more pressing issues to worry about at the moment. OTOH, it would be
nice to have the dumper utility not depend on a non-built package.