Re: [jjohnstn: initial version of iconv support checked in]

Please don't: we already have a perfectly good iconv implementation in the
distribution and there's no law against providing iconv as a separate library
from the kernel/libc/whatnot. By far most applications don't care too much
about transcoding, so most applications would simply have to carry around
some extra luggage if it were built into the Cygwin DLL.

That, and I wonder how libiconv would interact with this.. but as I haven't
given that any thought at all (only one neuron assigned to the task for the
next two seconds or so) I wouldn't be willing to make any guesses about that.

Just my $0.02 (canadian - which is where I will be going in two wheels and
three spokes [1])

rlc

1: OK: "wheel" was just a type-o, but I thought it was funny... Anyways,
   "the month" will start Feb 17th and if finances permit might be
   extended a bit..

--
Pollyanna's Educational Constant:
	The hyperactive child is never absent.