Re: Heads Up: cygwin/X no longer dependent on cygipc

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

"Christopher" == Christopher Faylor writes:

    >> Others need to update setup.hint's for (no rebuild required):
    >> *** gd
    >> *** libgd-devel
    >> *** libgd2
    >> *** gnuplot
    >> *** gv
    >> *** xemacs

I think these are all mine ...

Okay.

    Christopher> I find it hard to believe that all of the above packages actually
    Christopher> directly rely on cygpic.  I suspect that most of these are bypassing the
    Christopher> rule of not including dependencies of packages from the "Required" line
    Christopher> in setup.hint.  So, most of the cygpic's (and probably a lot of other
    Christopher> dependencies) should probably be dropped.

I'll check which ones actually rely on cygipc. My setup hints are
generated with the help of Igors dependencies script. This script just
picks up ALL dependent dlls and doesn't care if an executable is
directly dependent on a another package or not.

But I have a feeling that my packages don't directly depend on cygipc.

I did a quick 'cygcheck' on each of those packages and saw two things that made me think that they do not directly depend on cygipc:

1) cygipc wasn't listed.

2) cygX11-6.dll was listed, which means that there would have been a false dependence on cygipc generated by this library before.

Hope that helps. I think you can just update the setup.hint's for those packages.

Harold