Re: [ITP] re2c

Max schrieb:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> want to maintain re2c: http://re2c.org/
>>
>> # re2c setup.hint
>> @ re2c

> No need for the above 2 lines.

Heya, I copied the example from cygwin.com/setup.html.  Well, I removed
the second line now.

>> sdesc: "Tool for writing fast and flexible lexers"
>> ldesc: "re2c is a tool for generating C-based recognizers from regular
>> expressions.  re2c-based scanners are efficient:  for programming
>> languages, given similar specifications, an re2c-based scanner is
>> typically almost twice as fast as a flex-based scanner with little or no
>> increase in size (possibly a decrease on cisc architectures).  Indeed,
>> re2c-based scanners are quite competitive with hand-crafted ones."
>> category: devel

> Devel (uppercase 1st letter)

Fixed.

>> requires: cygwin
>>
>> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/setup.hint
>> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/re2c-0.9.1-1.tar.bz2
>> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/re2c-0.9.1-1-src.tar.bz2

> Your README says that re2c requires re2c to build? It this really correct? (Circular dependency?)

scanner.cc is compiled from scanner.re which is done by re2c, but a
ready compiled version for bootstrap is included, so it is not really
needed, just if you want to rebuild entirely from scratch.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=