Re: A new method of storing ... (was: Re: [ITP] re2c)

On 2004-05-14T08:19-0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
) On Fri, 14 May 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
) > On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 11:18:40PM -0400, Daniel Reed wrote:
) > >Actually, starting sometime soon the "@ " line may indeed be needed
) > ACK!  No, please.  I've been actively advocating not to do this for some
) > time.  I can't imagine why this would not be obvious from context.  It is
) > always better to let the computer do the work for you and just dropping
) > a setup.hint in an appropriately named directory is guaranteed to be
) > less error prone than putting a name in a setup.hint file that is the
) > same name as a directory.
) Actually, I see this as a different point.  IMO, Dan says that the '@ '
) line will be needed in the *inline* copy of setup.hint that's included in
) the ITP messages.  The actual setup.hint (if there's a link to it) doesn't
) have to (and, I agree, should not) include it.  Also, the '@ ' line can be
) easily filtered out by the automatic submission program, so that the
) resulting setup.hint in the package directory won't have it.

Yep. I would like "@ name" lines to be included wherever the user is pushing
a hint to me/the system. Including them in a downloadable hint should not be
necessary, since the hints will only be pulled in response to an update
event somewhere else (which will already include the package name).

The automatic download system can be configured to leave the "@ name" line
out if the supplied name matches the assumed name.

--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://people.redhat.com/djr/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
I'd say some people have no lives, but I'm the one who's going to