License texts in base-files?

I've just been reading what Debian does with it's base-files,
it includes several license texts.  Would it be useful for Cygwin
to do that too?  Then we could just point folks to their own machine :)

If we did, is GPL the only license that should be included?  Debian
includes the following...

Artistic
BSD
GPL (ln -s GPL-2)
GPL-2
LGPL (ln -s LGPL-2.1)
LGPL-2
LGPL-2.1

Also, should they be in the same location; /usr/share/common-licenses?

Thoughts?

J.