Re: setup 2.427 runtime error

David A. Cobb wrote:
Max Bowsher wrote:
I've made some improvements to setup's error reporting.

Can you try version 2.431 from:
http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/
(Little has changed since the last release, so I guess this is a
release-candidate).

It should give a more detailed error which should (hopefully) enable
me to trace the bug.

Max.

OK.  GDB log attached.  Uncaught Exception caused by "URL Scheme not
registered."
I could maybe catch more if you made it an unstripped "-ggdb3" build,
and wrapped the source with it.

OK, I'll see what I can do with this info and get back to you if I need more info.

I downloaded the .tar.bz2 file, which is probably meant to be the
source.  However, bunzip2 says it is not a (valid) bzip2 file.
In my experience, this is often caused by the server passing an
incorrect MIME type from which the http download module of my browser
(Mozilla Firefox) infers incorrectly that the file is text.

It *is* the source. Mozilla 1.7.2 handles it correctly.

Server headers:
1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
2 Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:20:14 GMT
3 Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
4 Last-Modified: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:12:05 GMT
5 ETag: "3a0b42-ca374-c24a340"
6 Accept-Ranges: bytes
8 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
9 Connection: Keep-Alive
10 Content-Type: application/x-bzip2
11 Content-Encoding: x-bzip2

I suspect Firefox may have unhelpfully un-bzip2ed it dynamically, but not removed the .bz2 suffix.

Max.