Re: [ITP] clamav-0.75.1-1 - A GPL virus scanner

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 05:54:51PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
I want to contribute and maintain clamav, the GNU virus scanner.

It builds OOTB without libmilter support. exim/fetchmail integration pending. All tests are passing.
There are several windows UI's, the one in contrib/Windows doesn't build with cygwin/mingw so far, but I will try to fix this upstream with the next update.

Why do we need a windows UI? Why isn't the *nix one sufficient?

"WE" wouldn't need a windows UI for sure.

But users out there will ask... esp. when there are two existing UI interfaces.
The one in contrib, which has missing headers, no makefile, but an exe for a mysterious debugging RT dll. he promised me to improve.
And then the pythonwin stuff from www.clamwin.net, which is based on cygwin. (they do have the cygwin src there)
this UI looks frightening. http://www.clamwin.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=34

And note how many people sponsered clamwin: http://sf.net/projects/clamwin (6)
and how many clamav: http://sf.net/projects/clamav (0).
That's why I wrote a little bit of blurb about the UI. Nothing more.

OT: What about the idea a small cygserver taskbar icon?
It could display some unuseful status information about the current cygwin services, blabla. :)
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/