This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package Proposal: Xcoral
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Charles R. Hardnett" <Hardnett at spelman dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 04:21:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Package Proposal: Xcoral
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <OFD8495303.3A0DC4C0-ON85256F24.0007AF2C-85256F24.0008C794@spelman.edu>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
> I would like to maintain the xcoral package. The source is found at
+1 vote from me.
> The port has been done, but I am having one trouble with the package
> creation. To make the port, I had to move files to a different directory.
> For example "control.h" was moved to "lowercase/control.h" to avoid the
> name conflict with "Control.h". This means that the diff will not create
> an accurate patch since the filenames have been changed. How would I go
> about making a patch in this case?
Use managed mounts to avoid renaming.
mount -o managed `cygpath -m $CWD` $CWD/xcoral
extract xcoral-1.2.3.tar.gz and build like you would build it on Unix
> Other than that, the package is ready.
> #Xcoral setup
> category: Editors Text
> requires: cygwin xlib
> sdesc: "A x-windows based text editor"
> ldesc: "A x-windows based text editor"
> test: 3.42b