Re: [PACKAGE UPDATE] ccdoc-0-8.41-2

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:40:37AM -0700, Joe Linoff wrote:
>I am happy to. To avoid my cygwin-apps fiasco I need your help. Should
>the announcement look something like this?
>
>  Subject: Updated: ccdoc-0.8.41
>
>  An updated version of ccdoc has been released with a number of bug
>fixes. For more details about the
>  release see http://ccdoc.sourceforge.net.
>
>It is my understanding that one of the moderators will then inspect this
>message and prepend [ANNOUNCEMENT] to the subject.

That looks ok.

These days, I don't spend a lot of time trying to parse the message for
accuracy.  I normally just approve the message if it isn't spam and it
isn't a message from some hapless user who thinks cygwin-announce is
the place to send questions.

A couple of hints:

If you can, you might want to obfuscate your From address so that people
won't contact you personally.  We used to use cygwin@cygwin.com as the
 From address but that's blocked since spammers seem to insist on using
it.

Please include the unsubscribe information from, e.g.,

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-10/msg00007.html

at the bottom of your message.  You could include info from the rest of
this message if you were so inclined, too, but that's not a requirement.

cgf