Re: [ITP] bashdb, bash_completion

Reini Urban wrote:
Max Bowsher schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
Christopher Faylor schrieb:
I read your email.  I guess my mind boggled at the concept that anyone
would be so..., er, bold as to assume that they could trump someone
else's
package by using the name "bash.exe" when there is already an extremely
well-known package which uses that name.

As I said. Work this out with Ronald.

And please don't send any more "ITPs" which wipe out other parts of
people's packages.

Why not?

The current setup.exe infrastructure doesn't provide for elegant handling of multiple packages providing the same file. The name "/bin/bash.exe" belongs to the bash package. It is therefore NOT available for a bashdb package to use. End of story.

Ok, I reject hereby my bash-2.50b-rebash and bashdb proposal. Technical arguments are always the golden hammer.

Why not just use the name "/bin/bashdb-bash.exe" (or similar) instead?

Max.