This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] cdrtools-2.01
- From: Ross Smith II <cygwinspam at netebb dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:16:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: [ITP] cdrtools-2.01
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040917192647.GM17670@cygbert.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20040920092538.GX17670@cygbert.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041001183950.GN26915@cygbert.vinschen.de>
I'm still eager to package cdrecord.
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 1 08:59, Ross Smith II wrote:
Quoting Corinna Vinschen:
The author provides a ProDVD edition, which is based on the same source
as cdrecord, but contains proprietary code to access DVD drives. By
providing a closed source application in binary only form linked against
Cygwin, he's infringing the GPL. I've contacted Joerg by mail to solve
this issue but until then, I'm not happy with providing the tool in the
net distro. It feels wrong.
Any response from Joerg?
No, I'm sorry. I didn't get a reply so far. It's two weeks now.
There's a good chance that Joerg is just on vacation or so, so I'll
repeat my posting on Monday.
P.S: Please don't Cc me. I'm reading the mailing list. I'm setting the
Reply-To for a reason.