Re: [bismuti: setup.exe hanging]

Christopher Faylor wrote:

----- Forwarded message from Peter Bismuti -----

From: "Peter Bismuti"
To: <cygwin-xfree>
Subject: setup.exe hanging
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:41:46 -0800

Whenever I run setup, it always hangs at a point where it says it is 99% finished and displays the filename

Running
no package
/etc/postinstalls/libgnome2.sh

THe "progress" dialog shows that it is in the middle of installing this package before hanging.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!

----- End forwarded message -----

Hmmm, another Gnome package postinstall hang.

One problem is a stale /tmp/gconf-$USER directory, gconfd-2 cannot
start if this directory already exists, postinstall scripts need to
take care of this.  However, it is not possible to remove the directory
while gconfd-2 is running, so probably s.th. like this should be added:

if ( ps -e | grep gconfd-2 > /dev/null ) ; then echo ;\
else rm -rf /tmp/gconfd-* ; fi

Another user reported that it also fails for him after ensuring
that this directory is not present, I asked him to verify that he is
really using /tmp as temporary directory, IIRC there was no reply yet if
this was the reason or if my guess was wrong (he posted no cygcheck
output so far.  I've contacted him again.

Peter, could you check if there is /tmp/gconfd-$USER directory in your
temp dir and if so, remove it and try again, please.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=