Re: Proposal to add and maintain the w3m package

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:15:59 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 09:15:13AM -0500, Bob Heckel wrote:

> >> Can you explain what in the documentation suggested to you that you
> >> needed to use this "@ w3m" tag?  I have read the setup.html web page
> >> repeatedly and it seems really clear to me that it isn't required but
> >> you are at least the third person who has recently submitted a
> >> setup.hint with this.
> >>
> >> I'd like to correct the documentation so that I don't have to keep
> >> making this observation over and over again.
> >
> >The template's use of italics (http://cygwin.com/setup.html#setup.hint)
> >confused me.  I knew I had to enter "some text" and guessed that
> >because "package" was italicized too, I needed to enter that.  Plus, as
> >Igor said (thanks for the helpful comments, Igor), I needed a way to
> >distinguish w3m and gc hints.
>
> You were taking something as a template which was just a list of all of
> potential fields available in setup.hint.  I think you needed to read
> the surrounding text.

Yes, after re-reading the page, I think, in my haste to get a sample
posted, I skipped over a few parts and misinterpreted that section's
intent.  I also missed the "@" issue discussed in a few recent
posts; I should have subscribed to this list a bit longer before
posting.