Re: Dependency checking change...

Max Bowsher wrote:

> I'm not sure what the best UI for this is, though. Perhaps, change:
>
> Checkbox: [X] Install these packages to meet dependencies (RECOMMENDED)
>
> to:
>
> Button: Install these packages to meet dependencies
> Checkbox: [  ] (default off) Force installation with broken dependencies
> (NOT RECOMMENDED)
>
> And have "Next >" disabled until the user uses one or the other of the
> controls.
> The advantage is this allows accepting the changes, and then going back to
> the chooser to review.

Interesting.  That would make it more flexible, indeed.

I think it's still up for debate how this will all work out.  Some have
said to make it impossible to break dependencies (don't let the user
hang self.)  Others have said they certainly want to be able to run with
broken dependencies, this can be achieved to some extent by adding
"--expert" or something that would allow it.

I'm sort of in the middle, I see advantages of both...

Brian