This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ITP] bash
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:40:15 +0100
- Subject: RE: [ITP] bash
>From: Eric Blake
>Sent: 23 May 2005 14:09
> Also, does anyone know whether it would be wise
> to make bash depend on libreadline6, libintl3, and libiconv, and if so,
> how to go about doing that? I can't figure out why my build of bash-3.0
> is 3 times the size of bash-2.05b-17.
Two things spring to mind:
1) dynamically-vs-statically linked libs in the build
2) did you strip the debug info?
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....