This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: State of ddd and cygipc package
- From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:37:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: State of ddd and cygipc package
- References: <20050522154611.GA20760@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
I thought I did this already, have you double-checked that you have the
absolute latest version of the ddd package and that something isn't
horked with your installation?
I was going to post new versions of some of my packages, but I no longer
have direct upload access and I haven't got a good place to put packages
for another uploader to grab.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a free place to post packages?
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Since cygserver exists for quite some time now, I'm wondering why the ddd
package still references cygipc.
I'd like to ask the ddd maintainer to come up with a new package which just
uses the cygserver IPC stuff instead of using cygipc.
The next step would be to either move the cygipc package into the _obsolete
(aka ZZZRemovedPackages) group, or remove it entirely. In case of cygipc I
think that removing the package is the way to go.