ITP: graphviz

Greetings,

I appologize for the previous email with the wrong subject.

It seems that package has been proposed couple of years ago, and was rejected due to licence problems.
Here is the link : http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-09/msg00348.html

However several things happend since then. First the AT&T labs at cambrige is no more, and the graphviz package is now developed by the graphviz.org. Consequently the licence has changed from some weird proprietary AT&T code agreement, to standard CPL licence which is an OSD approved licence.

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.php
http://www.graphviz.org/License.php

Official word from the developers is that the package doesn't come compile right out of the box, but various people have reported success in doing so after some tweaking. So if this package is approved I will attempt to track down all the missing dependencies and create a patch for this package to be build under cygwin.

My primary goal is to buiild the dot program which is used by the doxygen package to generate the source documentation. I will do my best to get the other parts working as well.

My plan is to use as much shared libraries ( libgd , libfreetype ) as practical, and link the missing libraries statically.

Here is my proposed setup hint. Vlad