Re: Blind people using setup.exe?

Dave Korn wrote:

> > Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
>   Mangled attributions.  I wrote this bit.

I was replying to both of you, and quoting you through Igor's quote.

>   So, if it doesn't exist anymore, how do we workaround a package validation
> failure exception?

Essentially the operation of setup.exe now is as if --no-md5 was always
passed on the command line.  Previously there were two types of MD5
check, one that checked the entire local package directory (if you
select 'install from local dir') and a second that checks each package
before installing it.  This meant unnecessary double-checking of
packages you were about to install from a local dir, and unnecessary
checking of packages you had no intent to install.  The operation of the
second kind (which was always unaffected by --no-md5) remains the same.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps-cvs/2005-q2/msg00036.html

Brian