Re: Upload: bash-3.0-3 [test]

Igor Pechtchanski schrieb:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Eric Blake wrote:
When I'm at my home computer, my email is configured properly.  <rant>But
when I'm elsewhere and have to use the piece-of-trash webmail interface
from my ISP, there is no way for me to control it.  I have already tried
contacting comcast to tell them that wrapping long lines is essential,
especially since SMTP allows servers to arbitrarily truncate lines at 999
characters, but to no avail yet (and as a result, have had some of my
emails arbitrarily chopped without any warning to me).  I try, but don't
always remember, to add line breaks manually.  And as the reply-to: header
is not visible in their webmail interface, I'm never really sure which
users prefer reading only the list except by previous experience.</rant>
Sorry for giving you a bad email experience.

Sorry to hear that. Yes, if more people would complain to the webmail providers and demand certain basic features, eventually someone will give in. If that someone is Yahoo or GMail, others will probably follow suit. One can hope. :-)

Well, I doubt it. I implemented the webmail for a larger provider (top 100 worldwide) and this company didn't care about such complaints. They would have thought about a proper patch for the textbox (textarea wrap="virtual" e.g. even if it's non-xhtml compliant), but getting this through would have been harder than contacting the upstream authors (an independent 2nd party) and plead there. -- Reini