Re: Please Upload: octave-2.1.71-1

--- Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Your setup.hint "requires" isn't quite what I'd expect.  Rather than
> just giving "readline" as dependency, which pulls in 2 versions of
> libreadline and 2 versions of libncurses, could you please be more
> specific and give the exact dependencies your package needs, as,
> e.g. libreadline6 and libncurses8?

Hm, well a first step would be identifying the correct version of libreadline,
since the ncurses libraries are libreadline dependencies.

But, short of deleting dlls, and checking to see if the program still loads,
I'm not sure how to do it.

The program is linked against the readline exports library, and the only way to
install the link library it is to install both dlls.  This indicates to me that
they are both needed.  Do you have information that indicates otherwise?  I
suppose plausibly only the latest dll is needed, but I'm not certain how to
find out beyond brute force.

JRP