Re: Upload: bash-3.0-4 [test]

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> [...]

Aha!  <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-07/msg00337.html> -- that's what's
been nagging at me all that time.  The reason you have to use the
preremove script instead of relying on the postinstall one is that there
may not *be* a postinstall script that does the right thing (for example,
when downgrading).

FWIW, I still see nothing wrong with a preremove script.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu