Re: Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Hello,

I have moved whole Singular to

/opt/Singular

without the 3-0-0 directory and updated the packages. I am not sure if Singular3 would suite better. What do you mean by

> Building outside the source directory is not supported.

?

I just adapted things such, that it goes through under cygwin if you run configure and make from the root of the sources. I am not sure if the original Singular source supports such compiling.

Could you send me the set of configure options you used (and CFLAGS / LDFLAGS settings), please?

I do not specify any C oder LD Flags.

>> In the helper - package:
>> ------------------------
>> /usr/X11R6/bin/startxserver.bat
>> ---> modified startxwin.bat, starts only server, no xterm
>

> This should be named more unique.

I have moved the file to
/opt/Singular/ix86-Win

> Getting this error here:
> ccache g++ -c -O2 -pipe -I/home/gerrit/singular/singular-3.0.0/modules
> [...]
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gerrit/singular/singular-3.0.0/.build/modules/modgen'
> make[2]: *** [modgen/modgen] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory

This error is irrelevant to the Windows Port, because at the moment dynamic loading is not supported in the Windows version. In the next days there should be a new Makefile.in from our core, which handles the "--disable-dl" option right, i.e. do not try to compile anything in the context of dynamic loading.

There should be all the binaries in ix86-Win and Singular.

Sincerely,

Oliver Wienand