This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Update of "size" column patch for setup (Was Re: Is setup-2.506ready to release?)
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:52:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update of "size" column patch for setup (Was Re: Is setup-2.506ready to release?)
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <430601DC.A4962735@dessent.net> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Ok, attached is a quick update to that patch -- please let me know if it
> needs more work. ChangeLog is at the end of this message.
Thanks for the patch, I've applied it with a minor change to the logic
that computes the size. In your version, if you clicked on "Src" for a
package that was currently installed, the size column would display only
the size of the source package and not the size of the combined
bin+src. That makes sense from the standpoint of what has to be
downloaded but it doesn't make sense from the standpoint of how much
disk space will be occupied (which is how I interpret the meaning of the
In some cases choosing to install the source package would cause the
size column to decrease which is counterintuitive to the action of
selecting an additional thing to be downloaded and installed. The
modified version displays the sizeof(bin) or sizeof(bin+src) if src is
also selected, but never just sizeof(src).
And sorry for the delay in getting to this.