Re: texi2html coming back soon in tetex ?

--- Brian Dessent wrote:

> "James R. Phillips" wrote:
>
> > May I please add my voice to the request [1] to get a version of texi2html
> back
> > into tetex soon?  I would like to produce an octave html doc package, but I
> > can't build it without texi2html.
>
> It's just a single perl script.  To install it just place it in the path
> somewhere.  It's not hard to do.  If anything, it should be in its own
> package, because it does not require latex to run, and installing all of
> latex just for a single perl script is pretty silly.
>
> Brian

Maybe so, but that misses the point.  The point is, my putative package has to
build from source by someone else, using only officially available cygwin
packages.  Thus, if it isn't available as a cygwin package, I have to put my
own version in the octave source package.  I guess I could, but it doesn't
sound like the optimal solution.

Also, FWIW, the octave build process uses more parts of latex than than
latex2html.  So using tetex as a build-depend for octave isn't silly.

I guess putting a perl script in the source tree isn't out of the question,
though, especially considering I recently did a similar thing with shtool in
the octave-forge source tree.  Thanks for the pointer.

JRP