This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update: apache-1.3.33-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com,Robert Richter <rrsource at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:43:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: Update: apache-1.3.33-1
- References: <002801c546a9$21eface0$4d4e06d5@hanna> <43079BCF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050822093305.GZ17452@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Two weeks and no response. Another two weeks and the package is up for
grabs. Otherwise I'll pull the apache package from the distro.
On Aug 22 11:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> [ Redirected to cygwin-apps and Robert on purpose.
> AFAICS, Robert is neither subscribed to cygwin nor to cygwin-apps.
> Robert, if you really want to maintain apache for Cygwin, you should
> be subscribed to both lists. Otherwise, how would you be able to react
> to bug reports as the below one or to any maintainer specific discussion
> on cygwin-apps? ]
> On Aug 20 23:08, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> > Robert Richter wrote:
> > >There is a new release available of Apache HTTP Server 1.3.33. The release
> > >is a
> > >formal version update.
> > I upgraded from some older version (probably from around 2002)
> > and expected the old service to run without changes.
> > However, it doesn't run.
> > What happens to the option -k which needs to be issued to
> > prevent apache to detach in the background? I get nothing
> > but an error when I specify -k. Why is there zero information
> > in the README how to setup apachae as a service?
> > Could you add some information in the README how to install
> > apache as service, please?
> > Gerrit
> > --
> > =^..^=
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.