This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Drop textmode from setup?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:35:33 +0200
- Subject: Drop textmode from setup?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
I mean it!
I don't want to drop textmode support from Cygwin(*), but why do we
still give the user the choice in the first place? If the user can't
choose textmode in the base installation, we will have a lot more
sane binmode installations in future and people will use textmode
only if they (think they) know what they are doing.
At least, it's about time to publish the latest setup version with
the improved interface which very explicit recommends UNIX mode.
(*) That's a lie, of course.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.